Publications in progress
- Keynote, 'Ecologies, Communities, Imaginaries', 2021 Comparative Literature Conference, University of South Carolina (on Zoom), 12th to 13th March, 2021
- European Association for the Study of Literature, Culture, and Environment (EASLCE) webinar on 'Realism in the Anthropocene', 16th April, 2021
- Invited presentation at 'The City in Climate Fictions' conference, Gustave Eiffel University, Champs-sur-Marne, France, 5th to 7th May, 2021
- Plenary at the STREAMS conference, KTH-Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, 3rd to 7th August, 2021
- Invited presentation at the 174th Nobel Symposium, '(World) Literature and the Problem of the Universal', part of the 'Cosmopolitan and Vernacular Dynamics in World Literatures' research initiative, University of Stockholm, 18th to 21st August, 2021
- Research seminar on 'Fiction, Realism, and Ethics in the Anthropocene', Centre for Environmental Humanities and Department of English, University of Bristol (on Zoom), 19th November 2020
- Invited lecture at the UK-JP Student Climate Change Conference (on Zoom), 26th August to 1st September 2020
- Plenary roundtable, '18th-century in the 21st: Habitat and Ecology', at the British Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies annual conference, St Hugh's College, Oxford, 8th to 10th January, 2020
- Invited presentation at the 'Foodscapes of the Anthropocene: Risk, Justice, Conviviality' workshop, National Chung-Hsing University, Taiwan, 6th December 2019
- Invited presentation at the 'Narratives of Scale in the Anthropocene' workshop, Haus der Kulturen der Welt, Berlin, 11th to 13th September 2019
- Plenary at the Association for the Study of Literature and Environment, UK and Ireland (ASLE UKI) biennial conference, University of Plymouth, UK, 4th to 6th September 2019
- Plenary at the 3rd annual conference of the Association for the Study of Literature and Environment-Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASLE-ASEAN), University of Philippines-Diliman, 14th to 16th June 2019
Publications in progress
- The Cambridge Companion to Literature and Climate (edited with Kelly Sultzbach), to be completed in 2021.
- The Cambridge Introduction to Climate and Literature, to be completed in 2021.
- Eleanor Anne Porden: Gender, Romanticism, and the Quest for Poethood, monograph to be completed in 2021.
- Essays in Narratives of Scale in the Anthropocene (edited by Gabriele Dürbeck and Philip Hüpkes for Routledge) and Foodscapes of the Anthropocene: Literary Perspectives from Asia (edited by Hannes Bergthaller and You-Ting Chen for Peter Lang), to be published in 2021.