Publications in progress
- Invited lecture at the UK-JP Student Climate Change Conference, on Zoom, 26th August to 1st September 2020.
- Invited presentation at 'The City in Climate Fictions' conference, Gustave Eiffel University, Champs-sur-Marne, France, 5th to 7th May, 2021.
- Invited presentation at the 174th Nobel Symposium, '(World) Literature and the Problem of the Universal', part of the 'Cosmopolitan and Vernacular Dynamics in World Literatures' research initiative, University of Stockholm, 18th to 21st August, 2021
- Plenary roundtable, '18th-century in the 21st: Habitat and Ecology', at the British Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies annual conference, St Hugh's College, Oxford, 8th to 10th January, 2020
- Invited presentation at the 'Foodscapes of the Anthropocene: Risk, Justice, Conviviality' workshop, National Chung-Hsing University, Taiwan, 6th December 2019
- Invited presentation at the 'Narratives of Scale in the Anthropocene' workshop, Haus der Kulturen der Welt, Berlin, 11th to 13th September 2019
- Plenary at the Association for the Study of Literature and Environment, UK and Ireland (ASLE UKI) biennial conference, University of Plymouth, UK, 4th to 6th September 2019
- Plenary at the 3rd annual conference of the Association for the Study of Literature and Environment-Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASLE-ASEAN), University of Philippines-Diliman, 14th to 16th June 2019
- Keynote at 'Sea Change: Wavescapes in the Anthropocene' conference, University of Split, Croatia, 3rd to 6th December 2018
- Workshop on 'Bridging the Environmental Humanities and Sciences', led with Matthew Evans, at Royal Holloway University of London, 8th August 2018; this was the first in the 'How Like a Leaf: Art, Nature and the World' series of doctoral training workshops, funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council through the TECHNE consortium
- Invited presentation at the 'Climates of the Anthropocene' workshop, National Chung-Hsing University, Taiwan, 2nd March 2018
Publications in progress
- Essays in Narratives of Scale in the Anthropocene (edited by Gabriele Dürbeck and Philip Hüpkes for Routledge) and Foodscapes of the Anthropocene: Literary Perspectives from Asia (edited by Hannes Bergthaller and You-Ting Chen for Peter Lang), to be published in 2021.
- The Cambridge Companion to Literature and Climate (edited with Kelly Sultzbach), to be published in 2021.
- The Cambridge Introduction to Climate and Literature, to be completed in 2021.
- Eleanor Anne Porden: Gender, Romanticism, and the Quest for Poethood, monograph to be completed in 2021.